Saturday, October 16, 2004

Harvest Festival Part I

Sip and pour, pour and sip - that was my rhythm at the Organic Wine Tasting event at the Ferry Building Friday night, kicking off a weekend of activities for Harvest Festival. I worked as a volunteer for the event and from 5-8pm sold wine tickets for $5/glass before sending wine enthusiasts to one of the wine stations in the building. There were three whites and six reds to choose from.

The Ferry Building was bustling with after-work shoppers, regular ferry commuters, CUESA supporters and general wine and food enthusiasts out to support these local events. The Ferry Building Marketplace merchants sold specially made treats to the public as they sipped and walked and talked and sipped.

In the interest of being a good saleswoman, I took it upon myself to taste as many as the organic wines that I could. Particularly memorable were:
Yorkville Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
Yorkville Cellars Petit Verdot
Yorkville Cellars Richard the Lion-Heart
Frey Vineyard
Organic Syrah
Ceago
Biodynamic Cabernet Sauvignon

This was a wonderful event - fun, lively, laidback and people were in a wonderful mood on this fine Friday evening.