Friday, September 03, 2004

Darda Seafood - September 1

I can't believe it's September!

I met Arik for dinner in Milpitas tonight. He often works the late shift 2pm-10pm so we meet for dinner and he goes back to work. Neither of us seem to be too familiar with restaurants in Milpitas so we went to Darda Seafood, an Islamic Chinese restaurant, based on a recommendation from a friend.

The comany was great but the food just so-so. I guess we didn't order the right things and what we did end up ordering was quite greasy. Folks at other tables had heaping bowls of soup, and plates of yummy looking mu-shu. We ordered the shrimp rolls, beef with green onions and home made chow mein. Each dish was ok, not the boldest flavors, and all together was a little too much grease for me. This kind of goes back to the same issues I was having at the Bodega Bay festival with fried foods. For some reason I just feel gross when eating so much grease. Is it that I'm getting old? How did my diet diverge from that of so many North Americans who can eat so much crap? I think I'll save my ranting for when I write a review of Fast Food Nation .....