Friday, January 07, 2005

I thought of you at New Year's....

... as we clinked glasses from the outdoor hot tub, on the Hamakua Coast on the Big Island of Hawaii. No really, I did. I thought about how the food blogging community is so exciting and embracing, and how I was surely going to disappoint when I wouldn't remember every morsel of our New Year's dinner at Merriman's or every delicious nibble and bite from the land of fish and fruit. With each passing day of our vacation in Hawaii, staying with different members of Nino's family and a couple of days in Volcano National Park, I confronted my fear of falling so terribly behind in blogging. I did this by reaching for another piece of Mac Nut Pie, or a chocolate covered mac nut, or a lilikoi/apple banana smoothie or papaya with lime, thereby creating a vicious circle spinning completely out of control. Oh well! Happy New Year!